Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wounded in the Woods Makeup

I started out this look for a friend as a "war" makeup tutorial, however; it morphed into a wounded runaway. POW is as close as I could label this for a "war" look. Even though it wasn't what I wanted when I started, I think it turned out well and it was an extremely simple look. I first started with eyeshadow shades of browns and greens.

Here is a picture:



I thought that this was sufficient, especially if you didn't have costume makeup, didn't have much time, or were just looking for something really easy. It just wasn't as bright and bold as I wanted, so I layered cream costume makeup on top.

Here is a picture of the cream makeup on top of the eyeshadow:



This did have the depth of color I was looking for but it was still dark, and almost depressing. The colors still came out dirty and very blended. I then decided that the look was taking its own path and followed it, so I went a step further and added some blood and two cuts.

This is the final look:






I apologize for the bad lighting in these pictures, but if you can see, I have a cut on my forehead and on my lip. I also streaked water under my eyes like I have been crying. This is the final product for this look.

I used ELF eyeshadows and the super cheap cream makeup from Walmart (that you get around Halloween and pick up for a couple of bucks) along with some fake blood which came in my Walmart Halloween cream makeup kit. The number one tip I have here is to not forget about the small details: don't forget to paint your lips, ears, and neck. If you are going to a party and have a costume to go along with this makeup tutorial, I would consider also painting other parts of your body that will be showing, such as arms, hands, shoulders, or even legs. Just remember if it's at a friend's house you don't want to smear your makeup all over their things!

Good luck with wounded looks!

1 comment:

  1. So great at doing makeup.... GO YOU! Love you, Nannie....

    ReplyDelete