Saturday, January 11, 2014

Basic Zombie Makeup and Costume

On the 26th I went to an awesome Halloween party with my Uncle and Aunt. I decided to dress up as a zombie because... why not? Becoming a zombie isn't really that difficult, unless you want half your face falling off, then you'll need to become familiar with liquid latex. Other than that, anyone can become a zombie with things around your house. For makeup, you could just use eye shadow and other everyday makeup but I just prefer costume makeup so I picked some up at Walmart. For costumes, I just used clothes that I had laying around my room.
And the final look:


The key to make yourself look dead is to exaggerate your bone structure. Keep your forehead, bridge of the nose, and cheek bones your zombie skin color (mine was a white with a greenish tint). After that, just contour your face, especially around the eyes. You want to make them look sunken in. My zombie hasn't been dead for that long so I didn't sink my cheeks as much as I could have. Right above my cheek bones I added reds and purples to transition to the black. I also took an angled brush and pulled some of the black down onto my cheeks to make it look like I was crying before I was turned. I also added a cut along my check and on my chest. With these, I added purple and red with some white highlight all blended together then added a darker red to the very center of the cut to make it appear deeper than it is.

I also added a few things on my arms.
Like a bite mark!

To create this, I blended out some purple and yellow on my skin to make it seem agitated and slightly bruised. I then took a white and outlined where I wanted the bite marks. I did this for two reasons, one, if I messed up then white can be easily washed off and two, it creates dimension for when I add the red. Inside the white "teeth marks" I added a blood shade of red. You can add a lot more to make it more realistic but I was happy enough with this for just going to a party.

I also added some scratches!

For this I pretty much did what I did for my scratches on my face and chest except I added more purple because I wanted to make it seem very agitated. To create the actual scratches, I dipped my fingers in costume makeup then pretended to scratch myself then kind of smeared it around.

With these simple techniques, you too can become a zombie for Halloween! If you want to do something more complex, however, check out YouTuber "Beautybybrigs". She is absolutely amazing when it comes to the blood and guts of makeup.

Happy Halloween!



No comments:

Post a Comment