Friday, August 16, 2013

Disney's "Brave" Hair

I loved the Disney movie Brave! It had archery, draft horses, a girl with fiery, curly hair, and it was set in Scotland, and oh yeah, it had a good moral and plot line and all that stuff that's not really important in a movie. But I especially loved the hair! I have always wanted red hair and my hair is quite curly naturally (not Merida curly but still). I really wanted to try to recreate this hairstyle and I found out how using straws from a video on youtube from Cute Girls Hairstyles. My friend, who we will refer to as Red Wood, so happens to have red hair so I decided to try the hairstyle on her.

This is a picture of her hair up in the straws:



Sorry about the blurry picture, it was taken with my phone. But she slept in it all night and only one straw fall out.




In the morning, I took out the straws and separated the curls a bit and this is the result!! I think it turned out quite nicely. Because her hair is very long, I curled small sections of her hair. If you have shorter hair, you may want to take larger sections of hair or you might go from bouncy ringlets to a crazy afro!




I must give a shout out to Red Wood because she is an amazing artist! See her artwork on her blog at redwoodsart.blogspot.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment