Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sweet Potatoes and Avocados?

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am addicted to Pinterest. ADDICTED. It's a serious issue, but today I used my pinning powers for good. I found a new recipe to try for dinner. It's called "Sweet Potato Burrito Smothered in Avocado Salsa Verde" from cookieandkate.com. I wanted to try it purely because I wanted to see how sweet potatoes and avocados tasted together. The verdict? It was so GOOD!!! If you would like to eat this deliciousness yourself, here is the link: http://cookieandkate.com/2012/sweet-potato-burrito-smothered-in-avocado-salsa-verde/ . I did change it because I didn't have all the ingredients but it was still very good. I didn't have hot paprika or cayenne so I used regular paprika and red hot pepper flakes. For the Avocado Salsa Verde, I didn't have garlic. I was going to use garlic powder but I didn't have that either but the sauce still turned out amazing. This is a picture of how my version of the burrito turned out. Not as beautiful as the staged, and well-lit, pictures on Pinterest but, hey!, I was too hungry.



I encourage all of you to try this recipe! Let me know how yours turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment