Monday, August 24, 2015

Removing Gel Nails at Home

I got my nails done with some friends a couple of weeks ago and decided to get gel nails because I’ve never tried it before! I was happy with the outcome and the only reason I needed to take the nails off was because my nails were growing out which was really nice. I won’t be getting gel nails again though because of how difficult it is to take off (not that I really get my nails professionally done anyway). I first started just pulling it off because I was bored but then realized that that was tearing up my nail too! I started researching on how to get the gel nails off correctly at home. Everything I found required foil, cotton balls, and acetone. That sounded awful for my nails and my skin; also I didn’t have any acetone. BUT! I decided that I needed to get this color off and I didn’t want to go get it removed professionally. So I gathered my supplies:
-       Foil
-       Cotton balls
-       Acetone (I just used nail polish remover)
-       My mom (to help me with the foil)


I was told that I should keep it on for 10 minutes but since I wasn’t using straight acetone, I had to leave it on for 30 minutes for it to work. One House Hunters later, I was able to scrape off the polish (with a guilty conscious of using so much foil unnecessarily).







No comments:

Post a Comment